August 1, 2007

Playing catch-up

As promised, I brought my camera to work and uploaded some new photos to my computer. Here are some highlights of the past week:


A certain Guatemalan friend restlessly convinced me to go to Pollo Campero, a Guatemalan fried chicken chain. I made good on my promise, and was deliciously surprised at the quality of the food. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it...








Mmm....crispy and juicy!










While I had the fried chicken with a side of french fries, Iwan had the salad and chicken soup. He likes to eat healthy but hey, we're at a restaurant famous for fried chicken. It would be prudent to try some.







A Padang building from Mini Indonesia Park; I love the way the roofs curve upwards, it's very elegant.









Standing in front of a Bali-inspired gate. I had to visit mini-Bali in preparation for my trip next month!









In mini Papua, there was actually a guy from Papua in one of the houses making some kind of wood carving object. The body paint seemed a little dramatic, but then again I've never been to Papua.







I rode one of these with Iwan over the park to get a full view of all the provinces from up top. There's even a man made lake with a mini reproduction of Indonesia's island chain sitting in the middle of the park.








It was a long, hot day at the mini park...








I forgot to bring the camera last night for my golf excursion, but it was very fun. I met some of Sascha's friends: another German guy named Christian, who just finished law school and is working at the German Embassy; an Indonesian girl named Yaya, who's a personal assistant to some corporate head (she also lives about 5 minutes from my uncle's house); two Finnish individuals, a guy named Mika and a woman whom I think was called Rita. They both work in Jakarta, but I can't recall what they do exactly. Anyway, it was really a driving range, not a golf course, so I got my swing on as best as I could. Golf is deceptively easy, I think. Trying to hit the ball far is not an easy task, and my hands quickly became raw from gripping the handle too tightly. Today I'm not terribly sore, thankfully.

Tonight, I have yet another pageant assignment to cover. This one is called the Miss Chinese Cosmos Pageant. I'm not that excited to go, but work is work. I might need to have a word with my editor about being typecast as a journalist.

3 comments:

Manuel Valdes said...

Pollo Campero is heaven on earth.

Manuel Valdes said...

Oh, and did you try the salad?

Tiffany said...

no i did not, it wasn't fried!